When we talk about Marketplace, we mean a platform where various companies can sell their products. It does not depend on a single seller, there are several in the store. There are different types of shipments and payment methods that users can access.
In the case of online stores, they are platforms dedicated to a single business, selling their products exclusively. This allows for better control of customers and their behavior to improve sales/marketing strategies and promotes market segmentation.
- The audience is larger since marketplaces offer a wide variety of options and products.
- It supports the marketing efforts that sellers make to attract, nurture, and hook leads to the site.
- They do not handle inventory, since the inventory is held by the vendors.
- Installation/implementation is fast, it can be done in a couple of days.
Features of the online store
- The store owner needs to drive traffic to the website.
- The marketer needs to take care of lead generation and nurturing them with valuable content.
- The e-Commerce manages its own inventory.
- You create the e-Commerce website from scratch, it can be very time consuming and delay the launch of the portal.
Whatever your choice, it is important that a business has an e-commerce solution that allows it to continue marketing its products even when there are circumstances that we do not control that are affecting the market.
Is Shopify the best start for an e-commerce business?
What software do I need to create a successful e-commerce website?
Why is web design important for your ecommerce?