E-commerce platforms are today's main helper for businesses to promote and sell their products and services. Magento is one of the most used technologies today to design and develop this type of online buying and selling platform.
On their website they give this definition “With Magento Open Source, you will have the essential tools to create and manage a prosperous digital store. Whether you're an early entrepreneur or the developer behind the next award-winning brand, Adobe has an eCommerce solution to help you get started and keep costs down.”
There are two most used types of Magento: Commerce and Community. Magento Commerce is an e-commerce platform that is available on-premises or as a platform as a service. It uses artificial intelligence and advanced data exchange capabilities to create personalized end-to-end B2C and B2B commerce experiences from a single platform that is flexible, extensible, and scalable.
For its part, Magento Community is the free version of Magento. It is an open source eCommerce platform that allows you to create an online store. Magento Community has many features that make it a popular eCommerce platform.
Magento Commerce has many features that make it a popular eCommerce platform. Some of the key features include:
1. Nike: Nike, a global leader in athletic footwear and apparel, leveraged Magento Commerce to launch a unified online store for its customers in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Nike used Magento's advanced features, such as Page Builder, product recommendations, and inventory management, to deliver a seamless and engaging shopping experience across multiple devices and languages.
2. Coca-Cola: The world's largest beverage company, Coca-Cola used Magento Commerce to create a digital marketplace for its customers and partners. The Coca-Cola online store offers a wide range of products, from bottles and personalized products to subscriptions and experiences. Coca-Cola has also integrated Magento with Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Analytics to optimize its content and marketing campaigns.
3. Ford: Iconic automaker Ford used Magento Commerce to launch a new online store for its accessories and parts. Ford's online store allows customers to easily find and purchase the right products for their vehicles, as well as schedule installation services at nearby dealerships. Ford also used Magento's B2B capabilities to allow its dealers and distributors to order products online.
4. Canon: The leading manufacturer of cameras and imaging products, Canon used Magento Commerce to revamp its online store for its customers in Australia and New Zealand. Canon's online store offers a wide range of products, from cameras and lenses to printers and scanners. Canon also used Magento payment services to securely process payments and manage orders.
5. Nestlé: The world's largest food and beverage company, Nestlé used Magento Commerce to launch a new online store for its Nespresso brand in China. The Nestlé online store offers a convenient and personalized way for customers to order Nespresso capsules, machines and accessories. Nestlé also used Magento product recommendations to increase cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
6. HP: The world leader in personal computers and printers, HP used Magento Commerce to create a new online store for its customers in India. HP's online store offers a wide range of products, from laptops and desktop computers to printers and ink cartridges. HP also used Magento inventory management to ensure stock availability and accurate delivery times.
7. L'Oréal: The world's largest cosmetics company, L'Oréal used Magento Commerce to launch a new online store for its Lancôme brand in Singapore. L'Oréal's online store offers a luxurious and interactive way for customers to discover and purchase Lancôme products, as well as book beauty services and consultations. L'Oréal also used Magento Page Builder to create dynamic and responsive content.
8. Adidas: Adidas, a world leader in sportswear and footwear, used Magento Commerce to launch a new online store for its Originals brand in Japan. The Adidas online store showcases the latest Originals collections and collaborations, as well as exclusive content and events. Adidas also used Magento product recommendations to drive conversions and loyalty.
9. Mondelez: The world's largest snack food company, Mondelez used Magento Commerce to launch a new online store for its Cadbury brand in the UK. Mondelez's online store offers a delicious and fun way for customers to order Cadbury chocolate products, from bars and boxes to baskets and gifts. Mondelez also used Magento payment services to securely process payments and manage orders.
10. Samsung: Samsung, the world's largest smartphone maker, used Magento Commerce to launch a new online store for its customers in Brazil. Samsung's online store offers a wide range of products, from smartphones and tablets to televisions and home appliances. Samsung also used Magento's B2B capabilities to allow its resellers and partners to order products online.
At Rootstack we have used Magento to develop powerful and scalable platforms for our hundreds of clients worldwide, ideal for selling their products. Request an appointment with our advisors and discover everything we have to offer you.